The Spatial Audio Workstation brings a new exciting approach to spatial audio mixing.. Create immersive 3D sounds quickly and easily and use the new UPMIX! feature to create any surround format from stereo content.
Description: The Spatial Audio Workstation is smoothly integrated into Nuendo, Steinberg’s advanced post, live and audio production system. It provides you with the proper tools to create a more intense and immersive sound experience without the limitations of specific reproduction systems during the mixing process. Stereo tracks can be integrated into a surround project seamlessly with the new UPMIX! engine.
IOSONO object-based mixing: All audio tracks or events used in the mix appear on the stage view of the Spatial Audio Workstation as selectable sound objects providing a clear overview of the entire project and allowing very quick and easy access to any track or event.The mixer can create spatial sound scenes by using a variety of automation features as well as the new editing functions of the Spatial Audio Workstation. Sorting and grouping functions are provided to clearly visualize the mixing project.
UPMIX! The new UPMIX! engine of the Spatial Audio Workstation makes integration of stereo content into any surround project fast and easy. It recovers natural and realistic surround sound from any stereo material, which can be fine tuned with the great adjustment features of this new function. Tune the room size and add or remove ambience with the Spatial Audio Workstation easily without using additional software!
IOSONO Content Format: Using the IOSONO content format (.icf) the Spatial Audio Workstation offers future-proof mastering capabilities. Any current and upcoming speaker format can be rendered directly out of the object-based audio scene.
The Spatial Audio Workstation interface is available from the Project menu in Nuendo. It is rather large and for best use, should have a dedicated monitor for best results. When you first open the window, it will not contain any objects and be fairly blank except for the speaker icons. The figure below shows the Spatial Audio Workstation populated with several diff erent object types to illustrate the components of the GUI.
1. Stage View. This area of the GUI represents the listener’s soundfi eld. A dimensional grid details the physical position of sound sources in user-determined increments (feet, inches, meters and millimeters). The speaker confi guration is represented by icons shown in their standard positions for the active bus arrangement.
2. Spatial Audio Workstation Objects. There are several types of Spatial Audio Workstation Objects. Each one can be manipulated and positioned independently of the others.
3. The Spatial Audio Workstation Tools. These tools allow you to zoom in and out of the Stage, select various operating modes, edit aspects of motion paths and more.
4. Object Parameters. This section of the GUI contains all the parameters of the currently selected Object. Each parameter can be automated just like any other plug-in in Nuendo. This is how you achieve motion of sound in the Spatial Audio Workstation.
5. Speaker Icons. The speaker icons are arranged in standard confi gurations based on the active bus arrangement setting.
6. Object list. Each Object created in a project will be listed here including Channel, Event and Group Objects.
7. layers. Spatial Audio Workstation projects may get very complex. Layers are used to organize Objects into manageable collections of related Objects.
8. Motion Path. Paths are the routes that objects follow as they move in the stage view.
Dolby Media Meter is an innovative software tool that accurately measures loudness the way your viewers experience it in programming for broadcast, packaged media, cinema... View full product details
Anymix is the perfect solution for an easy, yet precise creation of surround mixes. It offers a wealth of features for individual panning and high-quality... View full product details
The SoundCode Broadcast Supreme Bundle is a suite of software tools making it easy to mix, encode, decode, and deliver audio for TV broadcast. ... View full product details